Updated: Nov 8, 2019
Sometimes when we are low on funds or things just don't look the way we imagined and we believe we are no good to anyone. But you should know the smallest sincere gesture will often times yield the largest reward. Here are a few ways to make a difference.
1. Send a encouraging text message to a few of your friends in your phone you haven't spoken to in a while
2. Call your local RISE organization and ask if you can make outbound calls.
3. Go through your old clothes and see what can be donated and the next time you are out see where the nearest shelter is to drop off items.
4. Post a message on your social media about resources in your area. You never know who is watching.
5. Volunteer for a few hours at your local RISE organization. We are always looking for people that can work from their home.
6. When you are out smile at someone and genuinely compliment and ask how they are doing?
7. If you have a skill volunteer your skill to someone, ie braid hair, nails, clean houses, babysit, walk the dog, go sit with someone in a nursing home.
8. Send a text to 10 people asking them to donate to your favorite charity RISE at least one of them will on your behalf.
9. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful, fearless and brave. When you are happy the days are easier.
10. Speak a blessing over someone you don't know. Often when I see a stranger walking with a child or a car on the side of the road I will ask for a special blessing for that person. You see you really never know when someone has done the same thing for you.